Physical Therapy in Manhattan, IL
Lockport Chiropractic is offering physical therapy (PT) as a service to the people of Illinois. Also known as physiotherapy, physical therapy is a specialized form of treatment that uses movement and mechanic force to promote functional mobility.
What to Expect from Physical Therapy
Before undergoing any kind of chiropractic therapy, the doctor must first perform an assessment to evaluate the patient's current condition. The chiropractor may ask about the symptoms in order to learn about the cause and severity of the situation. The doctor may also ask about family history in order to determine if the patient's condition is genetically linked. Once enough information is gathered, a diagnosis and plan of treatment will be developed for the patient.
Physical therapy is most often used to treat injuries, fractures, spinal misalignment, arthritis, spinal trauma, and other health problems related to the musculoskeletal system. Physical therapy aims to repair and restore the body from injury, immobility, inflexibility, joint dysfunction, and loss of function. The chiropractor will determine if PT is right for the patient depending on his or her individual needs and state of health. For instance, if you are suffering from a sports injury, then a treatment plan involving sports physical therapy will be created for you.
In a physical therapy session, the patient will be asked to try certain modalities or exercises to improve function. PT treatments include:
- Specialized stretches and exercises - Every movement will be designed to improve strength and range of motion of the patient.
- Physical agents such as electrical stimulation, heat, ice, or ultrasounds.
- Manual therapy - This may involve massage therapy, kneading, muscle manipulation, and joint manipulation.
The medical tools and equipment are an important aspect of the healthcare treatment. Lockport Chiropractic uses state-of-the-art tools and technology in order to achieve optimal results in patients. Below are some common tools applied in physical therapy:
- Ultrasound heating - This is especially used to look at sprains, strains, and damaged tendons.
- Electric stimulation - Electrotherapy is used to contract and relax muscles for a certain purpose.
- Traction machine - Spinal traction works to relieve the spine from pressure.
- Laser therapy - A light emitting wand will emit a laser to a targeted area. This will be done to improve cell function, accelerate healing, and treat pain and inflammation.
- K-tape - Kinesiology therapy will strap a flexible piece of fabric, known as the K-tape, around your body. This is primarily used for muscle facilitation and pain management.
- Whirlpool - This hydrotherapeutic tool uses hot and cold temperatures to promote function.
Contact Our Local Chiropractor For Physical Therapy
If you want to learn more about Lockport Chiropractic's physical therapy program, please call the center at (815)-838-9441. We can schedule an appointment for you right away.